Friday, June 10, 2011

Alma de Cuba: represent, Cuba!

Every Thursday, we'd have our Sugo Mga Kapatid taping at Sucat, Paranaque. More than spas and massage parlors, BF Homes is a melting pot of international cuisines such as korean, mediterranean, spanish, mexican, american, and my feature, Cuban.


When I think of Cuba, I see Dirty Dancing, mojitos, chilis, moustache, beer, nachos, cactus, and now, Alma de Cuba. ADC is a Cuban restaurant that serves a wide variety of Mexican/Cuban food and drinks. It's beside Songkran, a Thai-themed restaurant which I have to try one day. 

When I saw their menu, it was the Bacardi Baby Back Ribs that caught my eyes. But I thought it was too expensive for a normal dinner. At P565, it only comes with corn on the cob. Cuban rice is ordered separately. But who am I to put a price to good food? So I gave in. The nachos, and grilled chicken and fajitas will have to wait a bit longer, when I'm ready to drink again. AHAHAHA!

While waiting for the BBBB, I started to appreciate the place. From the Cuervo tequila bottle-turned-hot sauce-container, to the matte yellow and orange walls, the pastel paintings, the warm white lighting, red bricks over the counter, and that amazing Mexican music to top it all off, it felt exciting- the experience; the anticipation for the food, and the loud chatter of the other guests while enjoying their salsa and mojitos.




The food came in after 20 minutes, and it was huge! It was a huge slab split into two. The menu says it was good for 3-4 persons, I say I can finish one order all by myself. It was pretty good, Cuban rice complemented by the basil, tomato and red bean garnish, while the smoky ribs- tenderized well inside, burnt just the right amount outside, I couldn't care more about how much the meal costs. 





Their service water served with a hint of lemon, like the water in Singapore. It was a good meal! Half of the credit goes to the effortless Cuban feel of the place, the latter half to the food that does not deceive. What you see in the menu, is what you get. And that alone, is good enough for me. 




Price: P200-P600

Food :                               *****
Ambiance:                       *****
Service:                   ****
Cleanliness:             ***
Experience:             ****
Value for money:    *****

Servings:                 ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...